Introducing Ecrylimer BOLD+, the latest innovation from Bramblier. With 20% Pro liquid added to the water, you'll get the smooth pour benefits of the Pro version, still with the longer working time but no need to remove bubbles!
Just add 20% pro liquid to 80% water (=100% which is 1 part) and add the 2 parts Bold powder. Mix and add pigments as per usual. You will have a beautiful smooth pour and it removes the additional technique steps required to eliminate bubbles.
Ecrylimer BOLD is perfect for those just starting out with eco resin and who want to create high-quality pieces without feeling the pressure of a quick set looming. It's easy to hand mix making it a breeze for you to create vibrant and dark colours, creamy pastels. It is also non-flammable and suitable for coasters and candle holders (not vessels). You can seal your piece with Bramblier sealer and finish with a clear wax top coat to further enhance the colours.
Why choose BOLD?
* You need drinking quality water (we recommend bottled or distilled water for the best outcome) - and with this pack you add in 20% pro to make up the water.
* 40 - 60 mins to demold. However, in a world-first, you get half of that time (15-20 mins) of creating before it starts to set. Enclosed molds (like the shell mold!) we still recommend waiting a little longer 50-70mins.
* Comes in a kraft bag or plastic pail with instructions
* Colour - natural white with a light fleck throughout.
Larger sizes available starting from 7kgs up to 20kgs (equivalent to 30kgs). We highly recommend you try a smaller size of Ecrylimer BOLD before purchasing a creator sized packs to familiarise yourself with the product.
Ecrylimer BOLD is exceptional for highly pigmented and colourful and dark pieces, along with beautiful pastels. We recommend molds that are at least 6mm in depth to ensure the longevity of your creation. Thinner castings (such as the shells) are completely achievable and produce fine ceramic like pieces - these should be treated accordingly.
Ecrylimer BOLD+ Water & Liquid Activated Eco Casting Acrylic Resin Compound
Mixing instructions with Ecrylimer BOLD+
- 2 parts base into 1 part water/Pro liquid (2:1) by weight
- Weigh 80% of water required in grams - eg 80grams
- Add 20% Pro liquid in grams - eg 20grams
- These 2 together = 100g (1 part)
- Pour in Ecrylimer BOLD powder (2 parts) eg 200grams
- Mix with a fork for 10-15 seconds
- Drop in pigments - mix for another minute until smooth and like melted icecream.
- Tap mold to bring air bubbles to the surface (this is easier if you place the mold on a piece of cardboard).
- Wait 40-50 mins for it to set - then tap the back of the mold to check it's hard and doesn't indent when you tap it.
- Demold and set on paper towel or cookie rack to cure.
Working time – 15-20mins.
Demold after 40-60 mins from when first mixed, allow 50-70 mins for enclosed molds
(Test before demolding as the amount and type of pigments can increase set time)